The R&D Council provides a wide array of member benefits, among them:
- Supporting initiatives to maintain an excellent and robust STEM talent pipeline in the state.
- Recognize the achievements in science, research and development, and STEM education within the state of New Jersey.
- Facilitate a number of forums for the exchange of information among members including the allocation of resources and management for research and technical activities.
- Analyze New Jersey legislative, regulatory, and administrative proposals or issues that affect the R&D community and take appropriate actions to assure support of the R&D function.
- Provide an on-going means of learning, sharing and networking among the innovation community to encourage economic growth for both large and small organizations.
- Establish and maintain an active stance on matters dealing with economic and political changes that affect the R&D function on a statewide and national basis.
- Provide a channel through which R&D Council members can promote the enhancement of educational opportunities and facilities.
- On-going communications with the membership on activities of the R&D Council.