Pre STEM Week
February 29, 2016
Picatinny Arsenal “Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day”
- Picatinny Arsenal held its fourth annual “Introduce a Girl to Engineering” event for 90 high school girls from 25 northern New Jersey schools interested in STEM. Picatinny engineers showcased their products encouraging girls to pursue STEM careers.
March 9, 2016
Engineering Mini Academy Graduation 2016
- Monmouth/Ocean County Engineering Mini Academy Graduation 2016 @ Festo Diadactic in Eatontown.
- High school students attend a 7 night series engineering workshop.
- Partners of the academy include Princeton Plasma Physics Lab, Liberty Science Center, and IEEE EPICS.
Ends March 31, 2016
Honeywell Eureka Challenge Hackathon
- Honeywell is calling students who are passionate about technology to create and share compelling solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you have bright technology ideas and want to score cool prizes, check out the Honeywell Eureka Challenge hackathon.
March 9-13, 2016
Liberty Science Center’s Let’s Build Simple Machines
- Young visitors will learn about simple machines and build their own using hands-on models of simple machines and catapults. Let’s Build Simple Machines Story Time will feature high tech stories projected on a large screen. Click here for dates and times!
March 12, 2016
Cape May County’s Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- The breakfast is hosted by Freeholder E. Marie Hayes and the Board of Chosen Freeholders with guest speaker New Jersey Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno. Proceeds will go toward scholarships benefiting Teen Tech and young girls interested in STEM.
March 14, 2016
Governor’s STEM Scholars Capitol Presentation
- The Governor’s STEM Scholars will present their research at the Statehouse in Trenton, New Jersey.
March 14, 2016
- Happy Pi Day! Liberty Science Center hosted its 6th annual Jersey City Pi Day on March 13.
March 16, 2016
Engineering Career Day @ Rutgers School of Engineering
- Organized by the New Jersey Society of Professional Engineers, Engineering Career Day exposes high school juniors to the day to day activities and opportunities of an engineer. Students will interact with companies that employ engineers as well as local engineering colleges and universities at the Rutgers School of Engineering in Piscataway, New Jersey.
March 18, 2016
Liberty Science Center’s Achieving Success With Next Generation Science Standards
- The National Science Teachers Association designed a comprehensive one-day workshop for principals, department chairs, and school leaders providing an overview of Next Generation Science Standards implementation in the classroom.
March 18, 2016
PPPL’s 2016 Young Women’s Conference in STEM
- Prominent female scientists & engineers spend the day with young women interested in STEM. Learn more here.
March 18-20, 2016
East Super-Regional Championship Tournament
- The 2015-2016 East Super-Regional Championship Tournament will be held March 18 through March 20 at the University of Scranton. 72 teams compete to build a robot that will complete a series of games against other robots. The winner advances to the FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship in St, Louis, MO.
Post STEM Week
April 30, 2016
Robot Challenge NJ
- High school students work on team projects for 2-4 months at Brookdale Community College mimicking the work of graduate engineers. Click here for more info on Robot Challenge NJ.